Monday, June 7, 2021

King's Country by Marie Johnston

 




Title: King's Country
Series: Oil Kings #4
Author: Marie Johnston
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 7, 2021


BLURB

I’ve been the wicked witch of King’s Creek since I was eight years old, from my angry red hair down to my ball-busting boots. With a mean drunk for a daddy who left nothing but insults and unpaid bills in his wake, was there ever any other fate? Now his passing has left me one bad turn from losing my land to the neighbors my family’s been feuding with for generations.

So of course it’s Dawson King who comes to my rescue in the middle of a snowstorm. But I don’t care how good he looks in a pair of Wranglers, or how much he spoils my horse, or how great of a cook he is. The Kings already have everything—money, looks, and charm. Dawson’s not getting my heart too.

***

I’m living my dream, I admit it. I took over the family ranch from my dad and grew it into the envy of Montana. I have the best views, the best employees, and the respect of the entire town. The only thing I don’t have is someone to share my dream with. So when my neighbor breaks her leg and nearly freezes to death, I all but kidnap her back to my place to recover.

We grew up less than a mile apart, but we couldn’t be in more different places now. Bristol’s had nothing but pride for so long, it’s hard to get close to her—and I want to get very close. I don’t care if the whole town loves me, I’m only interested in earning the love of one woman. But for a guy who’s got the world at his feet, Bristol’s heart might be out of my reach.





PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





EXCERPT

I curled my hand around hers. “I got what I wanted tonight.” I soothed the flash of hurt in her eyes with a kiss. “This isn’t quid pro quo. I’ve been wanting to hold you for so long. I’m fine. Just like this.”
“You’re fine?” She couldn’t sound like she believed me less.
“I have a lot of plans for us, Bristol. Don’t get me wrong. I’m a guy and you’re my sexy neighbor.”
“I didn’t see a King calling me that.”
“You’re hot as fuck. I’ll prove it as often as you want me to. But tonight, I’d like to stay here, like this.”
“We’re still dressed.”
I leaned up and pulled back the covers. She wiggled around until she was under them. I stood and waited. She had to be sure.
She pulled back the other side and my smile grew wide. Yes.
By the time I shut the light off in the living room and got back to the side of the bed, she’d tugged off her shirt and put my old one on and wriggled out of her pants. “There. That’s better.” She eyed my chest. “Feel free to do the same.”
“Aw, honey, if I start taking stuff off, I don’t know if I’ll quit.” I dropped my pants. My shirt hung over the worst of my obnoxious erection.
I slid between the cool sheets until I was close enough to wrap her in my arms. “Night, Bristol.”
“Night, Dawson.”



ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






COMING SOON


Releasing August 16

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






AUTHOR BIO

Marie Johnston writes paranormal and contemporary romance. She also works as a medical laboratory scientist and has worked as a public health microbiologist. Depending on the situation, she can be oddly unconcerned about germs or weirdly phobic. Marie’s been a volunteer EMT, a college instructor, a security guard, a phlebotomist, a hotel clerk, and a coffee pourer in a bingo hall. All fodder for a writer!! She has a husband, four kids, and even more cats.


AUTHOR LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My War, My Child

  My War, My Child My Child, My War Publication date: March 26th 2024 Genres: Adult, Historical A law student at Dhaka University, A...