Friday, August 23, 2024

Tainted Crown by Jo McCall

 



Title: Tainted Crown
Liam and Katherine's Story
Trilogy: Kavanaugh Crime Family #2
Author: Jo McCall
Genre: Dark Mafia Romance
Tropes: Second Chance Romance/Forced Marriage
Cover Design: Raven Ink Designs
Release Date: September 27, 2024


BLURB

KATHERINE

I have lost everything.

The life I dreamed of.
The love I cherished.
It was all snatched away from me in an instant.
But it also gave me my greatest treasure.

My daughter.

Yet fate took her from me as well.
Leaving me with nothing but emptiness.
Resentment.
Revulsion.

Even now, reunited after all these years, the shadows still haunt my thoughts.
And the man I once loved stalks my footsteps.

Liam Kavanaugh.

The man I was supposed to marry.
The man I loved.

He wants me back, but I can’t risk that kind of pain again.
Even after all these years he still holds my heart in his hands.
A heart he could crush without hesitation.

Even when danger looms over me, I refuse to seek comfort in his embrace.
Arms that once held me with tenderness.
Because the boy I once knew has transformed into a dangerous and unpredictable man.
And if I allow myself to fall for him again, he will consume me whole.

LIAM

Katherine McDonough was my life.
The love that singers sang about
And the tragedy that Shakespeare warned about.

She was meant to be my wife.
Mother of my children.
My entire world.

But she ran.
Or so I was led to believe.

The betrayal still stings when I think of everything I could have had
But fate brought me a family that I would never give up.

There is no going back and changing the past
But I can make sure we have a future.

Even if I have to force her to marry me.

She only remembers the naive boy I once was.
The one who would worship at her feet.

Now I am a man.
One who would burn down cities to have her at my side
And lay her enemies at my feet.

Because in my world we have only one saying…

Fola roimh gach ní eile
Blood before all else.

And Katherine McDonough is the one who gives life to the blood in my veins.

*Tainted Crown is a Dark Irish Mafia Romance that may have triggering concepts for some. I recommend visiting www.jomccallauthor.com/tainted-crown/ for a list of those triggers.

This book is part of an interconnected world, but can be read as a complete standalone. However for best consumption I recommend reading Stolen Obsession: An MFM mafia romance, first.








PRE-ORDER LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






AVAILABLE NOW


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






AUTHOR BIO


Jo McCall writes dark, contemporary and PNR romance. She is an avid reader of anything dark and steamy and when she isn’t writing, you can find her making a rather large dent in her TBR.

She is a lover of strong heroines who find their own and hot, sexy alpha males who might be a tad bit over-possessive. Jo loves to lose herself in her characters and the flaws and darkness that surround them.

There is no shame found here, and she often gets lost when writing out those erotic, steamy scenes that make women’s (and men’s) fantasies come true.

“There is nothing like getting lost in something you know is wrong, but still can’t resist.”

Jo currently resides in the beautiful state of Washington with her two dogs and has dreams of quitting her day job and traveling in a converted van around the states as she writes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pirates in Hell

    Black heart buccaneers face fiery seas, monstrous krakens, and the wrath of the Devil himself!  Pirates in Hell A Heroes in Hell Ant...